Monday, June 11, 2007

It's getting Haught in here

Feast your jealous eyes on that shirt. Oh yeah! This weekend we ventured out to West Texas to a town that turned 100 years old this weekend. Hamlin, home of the Pied Pipers. We had the Haught family reunion there this weekend (that's 2 family reunions we've been to this year for those keeping count). Saturday morning we had our own float in the Centennial parade with a big Haught banner on top and our 85 year old grandma sitting on a chair on the back of the float that said, "Hottest Haught" on the back. The main drag of Hamlin is so short that we went all the way down, did a U-turn and came all the way back. We had a bag of candy for the kids to throw to the crowd and Jackson nearly killed this one unsuspecting girl standing on the sidewalk. It was fun. Here's a few more pics from the weekend.



And here is the beast of a project that nearly bested me but I came out victorious this very day. We had our friend Marcus call over his crew to scoop out the grass in a 30 x 13 area of our yard then I lined it with 4x4's with 2 foot spikes. Coincidentally that's the length of the hair on my chest now. Then dad came over and we went to Sam's a bought this mother:

We worked on it for about 3 hours Wednesday night then from 8am to 7pm on Thursday. I came home from work at lunch on Friday and worked til dark. Then we went to Hamlin and came back on Sunday at 4pm-ish and I worked til dark again and finished everything but the slide. I finished that up today, bought 550 lbs of sand for the sandbox (your welcome, neighborhood cats!) and just need to fill in the rest with mulch.

I've re-routed 4 sprinklers and capped one, recharged my drill battery 7 times and filled 4 shirts completely with sweat. My hands are raw, I look like I just returned from a 2 week vacation from the beach and received the worlds finest golfers tan. The only thing is that I can't get enough sleep to feel 100%. Saturday I took a 3 hour nap and was dead tired by 10:00. And after all that I somehow have lost no weight. Whatever.

No comments: