Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ellie is stubborn

First and update on the family then onto a story about how stubborn Ellie can be...

Kiley is reading some book about how to keep your baby on a schedule and I'm convinced that trying to do what they tell you is like trying to fix someone's computer over the phone. "Now just click the button that says, 'attach document' and you're all set. It's not there? It should be at the top of the page. Maybe it's a picture of a paperclip? It has to be there, keep looking. I KNOW IT"S THERE SOMEWHERE, STOP SAYING IT'S NOT THERE."

This afternoon she read that if the baby starts showing signs that it's tired, yawning for example, to lay them down for a nap. If baby cries, go in after a few minutes if they don't stop and pick them up and pat them then put them back down. I tried it. 4 times. Then I said, "it doesn't work, your book sucks." So the other day I was trying to show Ellie how to tell her right hand from her left hand. I told her that if she made a gun with her pointer finger and thumb and pointed them straight up, her left hand makes an L. She kept trying to tell me that her right hand was making the L. I kept telling her it wasn't. Once she says something she decides that it's right. (no comment on who she reminds me of, ZING!). Anyway, finally I told her to draw and L on a piece of paper and she drew the line straight down then looked at it for a second then drew the L backwards. I asked her if that's really how it went and with a squinched up face she gave me a short, "yes." Okay, the write your name. Do you draw your L's that way when you draw your name?

The above picture is a re-enactment of how that turned out. How do you argue with that? So spread the word - the letter L is now backwards. It'll be easier to change that then Ellie's mind.

No comments: