Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My sweet Ellie

I wanted to share something sweet with you about Ellie. As you know Easter is approaching and the topic of Jesus dying on the cross is very much in discussion. It is amazing to hear a 5 year old share what she thinks it all means. So as I put her in bed and we began talking about her cuticle tearing, how it bleeds and makes her cry. From there she compared that to how Jesus had nails go into his hands and blood poured down his arms. She said that it was a sad day when he died on the cross. Then she went on to tell me how he had dinner with his friends the night before and told them his body was broken and that he would shed his blood. She continued to tell me that our hearts and souls would go to be with Jesus in heaven like her grammy and grandma honey (so sweet). I asked her why they got to go to heaven and she told me it was because they believed in Jesus. I told her that Jesus died for all the bad choices that we would all make and we just had to believe in him. She asked if he did it for Ms. Jacqui (her teacher), Ms Jennifer (her other teacher), Mollie Ann, Ella, and Isabelle (all friends at school). I told her yes. She then asked me about her kitty lamp (i told her probably not). She laughed. I asked her if she knew how to have Jesus in your heart. She told me yes, she did it at school. I said really. She told me to bow my head and she would pray....Dear Jesus, please come into my heart today, tomorrow, Friday & Saturday. Amen.

Man, don't you just love to see how it works through the eyes of a child. I am not sure that she has made the actual decision of understanding the sacrifice yet but boy she is getting it and how amazing that feels to get to watch her soak it in.

mmmmm mmmmm Good!

3 comments:

About the Company said...

That is awesome. Luke talks about it all the time and wants to have bible study with his friends at our house. I am so thankful he has friends like Jackson and Ellie . CLA is great. I think they teach the bible really well to these kids. We had our own last supper at chapel yesterday. It was awesome. They all had bread and water.

Kristin said...

So precious! Sweet, sweet Ellie. Love to hear this & am so glad you shared. Keep this written down for her - she will LOVE having it one day.
Love you guys,
Kristin

Davelyn said...

So wonderful & what a lasting impression she is learning! Great to hear that all is going well for you guys!